In January 2006, the company was awarded a prize for CRAFTSMANSHIP EXCELLENCE, from the Piedmont Chamber of Commerce. This award is given to long-established companies with a continuous growth in turnover who are able to maintain high-calibre craftsmanship work methods combined with the use of modern machinery.
CastanoSrL was founded as a small carpentry workshop in 1963 by craftsman, Giancarlo Castano.
In 1986, this small workshop became a company and in 2004, the small company became an S.r.L. (private limited company).
Over the years, as well as their main joinery work, the company has incorporated a service of regular maintenance programmes in sales outlets, offices, and food distribution warehouses.
Since 1996, the company has begun to deal in the supply and distribution of special washable hygienic material conforming to health regulations for supermarket counters (butchery; delicatessen; fresh fruit and vegetables; fresh fish, etc).
Our activity can be divided as follows:
- Exterior doors and windows
- Bespoke interior doors
- Bespoke furniture, in particular, bathroom cabinets; fitted kitchens
- Walk-in wardrobes
- Shelving and office furniture
- Wall-coverings and columns with special materials and steel protection
- Rubber/Linoleum -covered platforms/decking or similar
- Partitions; assorted removable panelling
- Worktops; chopping boards; stand coverings in certified polythene for food use in all sizes
- Trolleys; chopping board wash-stands in various sizes in stainless steel
- Wall coverings in stainless steel panels
- Special chopping boards made-to-measure to fit and interchange with existing tables/stands alongside maintenance programmes
As well as its own employees, the company employs trusted outside workers in the various sectors.